Proper referencing of published work related to the IDI must be included when you are describing or explaining the IDI or related concepts or content.
All visual assets (e.g. Intercultural Development Continuum graphic) are owned by IDI, LLC and can only be used by receiving expressed permission from IDI, LLC. To inquire about permission to use a visual asset, please contact email@example.com with a description of your request, including any text that may accompanying any IDI images.
For the Intercultural Development Inventory®, IDI®, IDI Guided Development®, the Intercultural Development Continuum©, or other related conceptual, methodological, or validation content, the following citations can be appropriately used:
- Hammer, M.R. (2011). Additional cross-cultural validity testing of the Intercultural Development Inventory. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 35,474-487.
- Hammer, M.R. (2009). The Intercultural Development Inventory: An approach for assessing and building intercultural competence. In M.A. Moodian (Ed.),Contemporary leadership and intercultural competence: Exploring the cross- cultural dynamics within organizations (pp. 203-218). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Hammer, M. R., Bennett, M. J., & Wiseman, R. (2003). Measuring intercultural sensitivity: The intercultural development inventory. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 27, 421-443.
- Hammer, M.R. (2019). The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDIv5). Olney, MD: IDI, LLC.
- Hammer, M.R. (2022). The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®) Resource Guide. Olney, MD: IDI, LLC.
- Wiley, A. (2016). Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI): Independent review. Research report from ACS Ventures. https://idiinventory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2016-IDI-Validation-ACS-Independent-Review-Phase-3.pdf
- Wiley, A. (2017). Validation analysis of the Intercultural Development Inventory(IDI). Research report from ACS Ventures. https://idiinventory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/2017-IDI-Validation-ACS-Validation-Analyses-Results-Phase-3.pdf